I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Grilled Salmon and Rice Pilaf


I recently have been wanting to cook with more fish since it is so healthy and I want a different protein than chicken, pork and some beef (which I barely eat). Chicken and beef especially because of how a lot of the animals are taken care of I'll just say. So you can't go wrong with salmon. Who doesn't like salmon?

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, and along with other people who have saved the recipe on that site, I agree it tastes wonderful. It is a grilling recipe but it tastes good sautéed if the weather is not cooperating too. With the soy salty taste and the sweet brown sugar, its the perfect combination!

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Directions:

1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.

2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

3. Preheat grill for medium heat.

4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade.
Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment