I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Cooking Spaghetti Squash

Last year my Aunt Michelle introduced me to spaghetti squash. It is now a BIG favorite of mine. My aunt likes to cook it in her crock pot whole which I did a few times and then branched out because there are so many different ways to cook it on Pinterest. So far this is my favorite way of cooking it.
 Baking it.

Directions:

1. Pre-heat your oven to 375
2. Use a sharp knife to cut down the middle of the squash lengthwise. Then scoop out the seeds using a spoon.
3. Place the squash cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
4. Pop it in the oven for an hour.
5. Once it cools its the fun part. With a fork, pull the strands away from the sides of the squash. Once you have loosened up the sides, you can scoop up all the strands by pulling from under it.

I personally enjoy it plain. But most as well as those in my family like to pour their favorite spaghetti sauce over it. My husband likes just parmesan cheese on it. Others like a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and italian seasoning.

And wa-la!!!

Simple as pie. I like it better than pie. But then again I am a health nut. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment