I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Baby spinach salad with pomegranate dressing

So if you like simple fat free salads that aren't overpowered with fatty dressing than this recipe is for you. I LOVE pomegranates and drinking straight POM juice every morning for a boost of antioxidants. And I like healthy lettuce like baby spinach and arugula so I thought it would be fun to make a spinach salad with pomegranate dressing.
ingredients:
3/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 medium red onion, cut lengthwise into thin wedges
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 6-oz. pkg. baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
directions:

1. In small saucepan bring pomegranate juice to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; set aside.

2. Add onions, remaining oil, dried oregano (if using), pepper, and salt to skillet; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is just tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in reduced pomegranate juice and vinegar; bring to boiling. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in fresh oregano (if using). Gradually add spinach, tossing just until spinach is wilted and combined.

3. Serve in large shallow dish. Top with pomegranate seeds, and nuts. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.

This goes really well with chicken tenderloins if you wanna add some meat to your salad. :)

*Test Kitchen Tip: To toast nuts, spread slivered almonds in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake in 350 degree F* oven 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice to prevent burning. Toast nuts up to 1 day before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment