I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

My first Homemade Dinner Rolls

So I love buying the simple quick fix dinner rolls at the store but its time for the laziness to stop. Haha. So these are my first homemade dinner rolls and I love how they turned out. I especially like how they look. It makes it great when eating with soup because you can peel apart one of the 3 tops and dip them.
ingredients:
1 cup whole milk
6 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbsp. sugar
4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (not unbleached)
2 tsp. kosher salt
Melted butter
Softened butter
directions:

1. Heat the milk to 120 degrees F to 130 degrees F; add the butter and set aside to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, in a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Add cooled milk, eggs, and sugar to dissolved yeast and stir to blend. With a wooden spoon stir in 2 cups of the flour and the salt; stir until smooth. Add 2 cups of remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring vigorously for 3 to 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic and only slightly sticky. (Only if needed, after 3 minutes of stirring and dough is overly wet, stir in 1 tablespoon flour at a time.

2. Cover the surface of the dough with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Cover the top of the bowl with a second piece of plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled (1 to 2 hours). (I highly recommend letting it rise for 2 hours at least. It makes it fluffier)

3. Lightly butter 24 muffin cups. Gently press the dough to deflate. With lightly buttered hands pinch off generous 1-inch pieces of dough. Fold the dough over, turning and tucking the edges to form a ball. Pinch the seam together to seal. Dip in melted butter and arrange three dough balls in each muffin cup. Let rise until fully doubled (about 1 hour).

4. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rolls for 15 minutes or until well-browned. If needed, to prevent overbrowning, cover rolls with foil during last few minutes of baking. Remove from oven. Brush with softened butter. Return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes.

5. Remove rolls immediately from cups to a wire cooling rack. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving. Makes 24 dinner rolls.

6. * For extra-light rolls, let the dough rise a second time (1 to 2 hours) before shaping.

Makes 24 rolls

Prep: 50 minutes

Rise: 2-3 hours

Bake: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment