I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Canned Chicken

Canning chicken may sound weird to people who have never done it before or heard of it. Honestly I thought it was strange when I first heard. But canned chicken is a favorite way to cook chicken now for me. It makes great shredded chicken in enchiladas, chicken sandwiches, casseroles, and I use it in pasta as well. We try to be frugal with it though since it takes so long to do and we like to keep them for food storage. They can last in food storage for up to 2 years. It is great on Sundays when I forget to get enough ingredients for dinner so I can make a lot of things with this canned chicken when I can't make it to the store. It is a very simple process but it takes up half of your day to make them.
Raw chicken is very... slimy and yucky for me so I am getting ready to touch them.
Haha.
Look at the size of that breast!
Here we are cutting off excess fat from the chicken breast. Very gross...
Place a teaspoon of salt at the bottom of the jars.
Cut up chunks of the breast and place in jars, and then put lids on them. The lids don't need to be tightened too much because the cooker seals it enough for you.
Then we wait for like 1 hour and 30 minutes....
Take them out with this pincher thingy because they are super hot.
And wa-la! Half a day later you have 40 jars of canned chicken. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. My mother in law did this, and I thought it was nasty... until i tried the chicken! SO delish! And it makes any weeknight meal a breeze!

    ReplyDelete