I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Grilled Ham and Cheese with Strawberry-Red-Wine Jam

These are very fast and easy sandwiches to make. Without telling Dustin what was in them I handed him a sandwich for lunch (he will eat anything I hand him, especially sandwiches...) and he looked at me and asked "What is in these?! They taste amazing!" I get tired of the typical sandwich so now I make them all the time.
Whenever I make these I always forget to take a picture of them...
So I used the magazines picture. :/

INGREDIENTS
-Enough slices of bread for however many people are hungry
-1/2 cup strawberry jam mixed with 2 tablespoons of Pinot Noir ( I used red cooking wine and it works just the same)
-Slices of baked ham
-Thin slices of Gruyère cheese (I prefer Gruyere but I am sure other choices of cheese work good too)
-Softened unsalted butter

DIRECTIONS
Heat a large griddle. Spread the bread slices with the jam. Top with the ham and Gruyère and close the sandwiches. Lightly butter the outside of the sandwiches and cook over moderate heat until toasted and the cheese is melted, 2 minutes per side. Cut in half and serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment