I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Cranberry Molded Sauce

For the last couple years I have been making the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. Yes it is one of the least important things on the Thanksgiving menu but I LOVE cranberries and I have to have cranberry sauce on top of any of thanksgiving dish. Last year I made waaaay too much cranberry sauce. My sister-in-law actually has some leftovers frozen from last year still! So I decided to make a much smaller cranberry dish. Doesn't it look pretty? Ha I got a mold for it from Williams-Sonoma that worked perfect. Very simple recipe but delicious. :D Enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 jar cranberry relish (from Williams-Sonoma)
1 1/2 cups pure cranberry juice
2 envelopes (14g) unflavored gelatin

Instructions:
Lightly coat the inside of a 32-oz. decorative mold with nonstick cooking spray. Put the cranberry relish in a bowl. Set aside.

Pour 1/2 cup of the cranberry juice into a separate bowl. Sprinkle with the gelatin. Let stand until the gelatin softens, 5 to 10 minutes.

In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the remaining 1 cup cranberry juice to a simmer. Pour into the gelatin mixture and whisk to combine. Pour into the bowl with the cranberry relish and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold and let cool to room temperature. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to overnight.

To unmold, set the mold in a large bowl of warm water so the water reaches almost to the rim of the mold. Let stand for 1 minute, then remove from the water. Carefully insert a small spatula along the side of the mold. Gently pull the gelatin away from the mold, then remove the spatula. Place a platter upside down on top of the mold, invert the platter and mold together and shake gently. Lift off the mold. Serves 14 to 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment