I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Italian Meatballs

Here is a mixture of my mom's meatball recipe and my own recipe. I combined the classic ingredients used in meatballs and added a couple different things like.... bacon. Ooooh baby. Bacon is such a magical thing. You can't go wrong with bacon :)

Ingredients:

  • 6 ounces applewood-smoked bacon (about 6 slices), diced
  • 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
  • 2 pounds of my dad's pork sausage
  • 2/3 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon minced marjoram
  • A dash of red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:

  • Place bacon in processor. Using on/off turns, grind to coarse paste. Transfer to large bowl. Using garlic press, squeeze in garlic. Gently mix in sausage and all remaining ingredients. Let stand 15 minutes.
  • Line large rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap. Using moistened hands and scant 2 tablespoonfuls for each, roll meat mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Arrange meatballs on sheet. You can make this ahead and freeze it for an easy meal.

    Add 1 tablespoon oil a deep pan and heat over medium heat. Add half of meatballs. Cook until brown on all sides, turning carefully with small metal spatula, about 9 minutes. Transfer meatballs to baking sheet. Add more oil to pot if needed and repeat with remaining meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment