I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Chicken Potpies N' taters

This was my first time making homemade chicken pot pies. Everyone loved them! Next time I will probably buy some actual ramekins that are more appropriate than cereal bowls because that is all I had. Haha. But it still worked out great. You have to have this recipe with mashed potatoes. This picture doesn't have some because I was missing some ingredients... but it is definitely a must.
Ingredients:
Unsalted butter-6 tablespoons
Button mushrooms-1/2 pound, quartered
Leeks,white/green parts-1 cup chopped
Carrots-1/2 cup finely diced
Fresh or frozen peas-1/3 cup
All-purpose flour-1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon
Chicken broth/stock-4 1/2 cups
Dry sherry-1/3 cup
Fresh tarragon-2 teaspoons minced
Cooked, shredded chicken-4 cups
Kosher salt & ground pepper
Double-crust flaky pastry dough
1 Large egg

Directions:
To make the sauce and vegetable, in a large frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in the leeks and carrots, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the peas.
In a large saucepan, melt the remaining5 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour and let bubble gently for 1 minutes. Gradually whisk in the stock and sherry and then the tarragon. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Stir in the shredded chicken and the mushroom-leek mixture and season with salt and pepper. Let cool until lukewarm, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 400F. Spoon the chicken mixture into six 1 1/2 cup ovenproof soup crocks or ramekins.

No comments:

Post a Comment