I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Strawberry Mousse

This strawberry mousse was very tasty. I found it on a French Food blog. Random huh? It is a nice break from all the chocolate desserts I normally eat. I used all the strawberries in the recipe but I would have saved some for next time on the side or to dip them in.

  • 1 pound strawberries, plus 6 small ones for decoration if you wish
  • juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 4 egg whites
  • pinch of salt
In a blender or food processor, puree strawberries with lemon juice and sugar.

In a mixing bowl beat cream until it is stiff. Gradually and gently mix the whipped cream with the berries.

In another mixing bowl beat egg whites with salt until stiff. Mix one cup of egg whites into berry and cream mixture, and then gently fold this back into egg whites.

Pour the mousse into individual serving dishes and decorate with a strawberry. Refrigerate for at least two hours.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment