I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Homemade Creamy Mac and Cheese

No fake cheddar or nacho cheese flavor in this delicious casserole! I don't like the fake mac n' cheese in a box at all. When I found this recipe I was relieved. I can feed my hubby something better than the cheesy plastic. Ew.

Ingredients:
Unsalted butter -7 tablespoons
Garlic -1 clove, minced
Fresh bread crumbs -1 1/2 cups
Kosher salt & ground pepper
Elbow macaroni -1 pound
All-purpose flour -1/4 cup
Whole milk-3 cups, warmed
Sharp Cheddar cheese-2 cups shredded
Fontina cheese -2 cups shredded
Dry mustard -1/2 teaspoon

Directions:
In a large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over med-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and stir until coated with butter. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and stir occasionally until the water returns to a boil. Cook according to the package directions until not quite al dente. (The macaroni will cook again in the oven, so do not over cook it now.) Drain well and set aside.
Add the remaining4 tablespoons butter to the pot used for the pasta and melt over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let bubble for 1 minute without browning. Gradually whisk in the milk, raise the heat to medium, and bring to boil, whisking frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses along with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the pasta. Spread in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the buttered crumbs.
Bake until the crumbs are browned and the sauce is bubbling about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment