I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

These Crab Cakes don't make me crabby at all!

Dustin and my good friend Sierra said these were the best crab cakes they have ever had. I was so proud of these cakes and they definitely were mouth watering. The next week I actually ordered some crab cakes from place in the city and I still liked these waaay more. My favorite of the month for sure.
Ingredients:
LEMON AIOLI
Mayonnaise 1 cup
Finely grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
Fresh lemon juice -2 tablespoons
Garlic 1 clove
Fine sea salt & fresh ground pepper

Fresh lump crab meat -1 pound
Panko or dried bread crumbs, 3/4 cup
1 Large egg
Dijon mustard -1 tablespoon
Worcestershire sauce -2 teaspoons
Hot Pepper sauce -1/4 teaspoon
Fresh parsley -1 tablespoon chopped
Canola oil -1/2 cup
Lemon wedges for serving

Directions:
To make the aioli, in a small bowl, mix together the mayo, lemon zest and juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup of the aioli. Cover and refrigerate the remaining aioli until serving.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the panko/bread crumbs, the reserved 1/4 cup aioli, the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and parsley. Add the crab meat and mix gently until combined. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a thick cake. Spread the remaining 1.2 cup panko/bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat the cakes evenly with the panko, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high until it shimmers. Add the cakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, which is fast. Flip the cakes and cook until the other sides are golden brown. Using a slotted spatula, transfer to paper towels to drain briefly.
Serve the crab cakes at once with lemon wedges if you want and pass the remaining lemon aioli on the side. Don't put too much of the sauce on the crab cake before tasting it. You don't need very much of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment