I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Cauliflower Soup

After trying some of the Cauliflower soup from Zupas, our favorite salad and soup restaurant, I had to try and make my own and see if I could make one less fattening but still taste great. I found this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine. I don't necessarily like just plain cauliflowers so I was hesitate to try cauliflower soup at all at first. But it is amazing and I love it. I think I like it better than Zupas for sure!


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 cup chopped white onion
1 garlic clove, sliced
3 3/4 cups (1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces cauliflower (from 1 large head)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
Coarse kosher salt
Freshly ground white pepper

Directions:

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, broth, and cream. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and simmer gently until cauliflower is tender, about 18 minutes. Puree soup in small batches in blender until smooth. Return to same saucepan. Season soup with kosher salt and white pepper. Do ahead Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and chill. Rewarm before serving.


The original recipe came with a side of seared scallops, lemon oil and American Caviar. I don't like the idea of caviar so I didn't make the second half of the recipe because I just wanted the soup. But if you like that kind of stuff check out the whole recipe at Bonappetit.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment