I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Flora's Jam-Glazed Chicken


So I love combining meat with something sweet. So I found this incredible recipe in Country Living magazine and loved it! Sometimes I combine peach jam with apricot jam and it is just as good just with a different kind of sweet taste.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (4-pound) chicken cut into eight pieces (or I just bought boneless chicken breasts)
  • 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 3/4 cup(s) peach jam
  • 4 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken pieces in a 10-inch, oven-safe skillet or an 8" by 10" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze lemon juice over chicken. Stir jam and garlic together and spread over chicken.
  2. Bake uncovered, until juices run clear and meat reaches 165 degrees F, about 1 hour. ( I have learned chicken is a very tricky meat with some ovens... With my oven it takes way less time for chicken to cook so I check the meat at 45 minutes to make sure it doesn't get too dry.
Serves 4

Total Time: 1 hr 10 min

Prep Time: 10 min

No comments:

Post a Comment