I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Spiced Red Wine-Poached Pears

So while I was looking through a holiday cook book of mine I found this poached pears recipe and it made my mouth water. This is a great holiday dessert that you definitely won't feel guilty about eating too much.
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 55m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a small saucepan, off the heat, combine the wine, the juice from the lemon and orange, pomegranate juice, 1 of the squeezed orange quarters, the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
  2. Add the pears and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, turning the pears occasionally, until they're easily pierced with the tip of a knife, about 25 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pears to individual plates.
  3. Once cool, cover and chill in refrigerator at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally, if desired. Gently remove pears from liquid and allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, reduce liquid by about half over a medium-high flame for 15 minutes, until liquid is thicker and slightly syrupy. Remove from flame and let liquid come to room temperature. Drizzle each pear with 2 tablespoons syrup and serve.
  4. Remove and discard the orange quarter and spices. Return the liquid to a simmer until syrupy and reduced by two-thirds, about 15 minutes, depending on size of pan. Spoon the sauce over the pears.
Vanilla ice cream tastes great with this recipe or I like eating them with Mascarpone cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment