I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Pulled Venison BBQ

So I love cooking pulled pork, but my dad likes to eat wild meat so while making a pulled pork recipe for others I made this recipe for my dad and his hunting buddies. I searched a forum for what other hunters liked and I combined their ideas.

Ingredients:
-Venison Roast or deer tenderloins
-1 can of coke or beer
-1/4 C Brown sugar
-1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
-1/2 tsp Pepper
-Pinch of Cayenne (or more if you like it hot, but my dad didn't)
-A few tablespoons of butter (gets dry without it)
-Favorite BBQ sauce

Directions:
1. Put meat, 1/2 can coke/beer, sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne in a large ziplock bag and let the meat marinate for a few hours or overnight for best taste.
2. After marinating, drain and place meat in the crockpot. Pour other 1/2 can coke/beer in crock pot along with 2Tb butter. Cook for 6 hours or more. Cook until the meat shreds easily.
***Wild game cooks a lot faster than store bought meat because there is less fat***(So I would check it periodically to make sure it is not drying out or overcooking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment