I absolutely LOVE to cook. I have create a lot of dishes and experiment with different recipes and I have been posting my favorite ones, as well as my personal recipes on a blog to keep track and to show others what I have been making.

If you try one of my recipes I would love to hear your comments or how you did it differently or what you honestly think. :)
-Alyssa Groff

Sweet Chili

3 lb my dads pork sausage
1 lb Jimmy Dean hot sausage
4 texas sweet onions
1 green pepper
2 large cans dark red kidney beans
1 can northern beans
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
1 large can Bushes baked beans ( I use the vegetarian one)
2 bottles Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce
Garlic
Chili powder
Salt & Pepper
Basil
Italian Seasoning

Directions:
Brown sausage in large pot (12 qt). Chop onions and green pepper in food processor and add to meat once brown. Add garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, basil, italian seasoning and cook for 5-10 minutes until onions are partially cooked. Add 2 bottles of BBQ sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Add all cans of beans, including the fluid in the can. Cook until hot, and then simmer until ready to eat.

This makes a TON of chili so if you do not want to make that much, divide the recipe in half. I like to make extra to put in little sandwich bags and I freeze them (laying flat down) for easy quick meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment